I can’t believe that this quilt is finally done. I made it back in 2009 or 2010. It hung around my studio for years because I had no idea how I wanted to quilt it and I was afraid to tackle it on my domestic machine. It was on my 2nd and 3rd quarter FAL lists. I even had it on my frame 3 different times before I finally finished all the free motion quilting. I used two layers of batting: a stiff fusible one (so that it will hang flat and firm) and a high loft polyester. It gave amazing depth to the peacocks and the flowers. I put a sleeve on it so that it can be used as both a wall hanging or a lap quilt. I took pictures today in the shade and in full sun. Although the full sun pictures fade out the colours, they definitely show off the dimension created by the quilting and the double batting.
I just love how the quilting shows up on the back of the quilt….such dimension.
And of course there has to be a picture of little Tilly parked in the middle of my quilt as I hand sew the binding on. I love the bad-hair-day-mohawk-head. I looks like she was giving Don the evil eye because she was sick of the flash going off in her face repeatedly.
Linking up to:
Finish Along Quarter 3 Finish Party at the Littlest Thistle.
Design Wall Monday @Patchwork Times
Anything Goes Monday @Stitch by Stitch
Show and Tell Tuesday @I Have to Say
Linky Tuesday @Freemotion by the River
Whimsy Wednesday @The NY Melrose Family
WIP Wednesday @The Needle and Thread Network
Lets’s Bee Social @Sew Fresh Quilts