I have made some progress on “Leftovers II”. I think that adding the cream sashing has really helped to improve the design. Unfortunately this new design calls for a few more 3×3 blocks that my original design so I have to do a little more cutting and piecing work before I can finish assembling all the blocks together.
I took an APQS long arm for a test drive. I decided to use my “Leftovers I” quilt top as the guinea pig. I did a panto design and it turned out pretty good for my first time on a long arm. I’ve been dreaming of owning one for a while now….after the hands on play time……I am really, really, really wanting one now. It only took 3 hours to quilt it…..it would have taken me way longer on my domestic machine.
|2013 WIP||Size||Current status|
|Pink & blue batik||King||waiting for borders|
|Asian Shadow Box||King||waiting for borders|
|2012 BOM ‘Blues’||King||quilt top|
|2012 BOM ‘Opera||King||quilt top|
|Kimono||Wall hanging||quilt top|
|Waterlily||Wall hanging||quilt top|
|One block wonder||Queen||piecing|
|2011 BOM ‘Spring||King|
|Sue’s Summer Breeze||Queen/King|
|Star Surround QAL||Lap/Twin|